Romans 5:1-11
I want to revisit this passage again today. I couldn't stop thinking about it after I had written yesterday. "We can rejoice when we run into problems and trials..." Does anyone really DO this? We certainly do not enjoy pain and suffering of any kind. And I will readily admit that I'm not quick to see God at work when troubles come my way. Yet the fact remains that God does use these trials to make us stronger and more mature. And this is not the only passage in the New Testament that teaches this principle. We've been studying James 1 on Sunday mornings in our church recently. "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. (Wow!) For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow." James 1:2-3. And it's even OK to ask God about it as long as you ask in faith! "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone..." James 1:5-6
Getting back to Romans 5, I also thought about the fact that all three members of the Trinity are mentioned in this passage, and they are all involved in salvation. The love of God the Father has been showered on us when He sent His Son Jesus to die for us while we were still sinners. v. 8 And the Father also showed his love for us through the gift of the Holy Spirit who lives within us. v. 5
No comments:
Post a Comment