Friday, August 26, 2016

Hebrews 10:1-18; Psalm 122

Hebrews 10:1-18
"The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves." v. 1

The Old Testament sacrifices reminded the people of their sins year after year. The blood of bulls and goats could not take away sins. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can do that. "For God's will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time." v. 10 After Jesus had made this sacrifice, He declared His work finished, and He sat down in the place of honor at God's right hand. v. 12

The next verses are very important ones for us to remember whenever our past sins come into our minds to haunt us and make us feel guilty.

"And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. For he says, "This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." Then he says, "I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds." And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices." vv. 15-18

Jesus' sacrifice was enough; it is sufficient to forgive all our sins. If we truly believe this, we won't add anything to God's plan or take anything away from it. God will not remember our sins against us, and we must not either. Our trust in Jesus Christ and His work on the cross has cleansed us from our sins. We have no need to feel guilt! What a promise!

Psalm 122

  • Go. v. 1

"I was glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord."
Do you ever feel like skipping church? Be honest now! Our flesh is weak, and sometimes we just don't want to do what we know we should do. My advice on this is to GO ANYWAY! And when we do, we are almost always glad we did. I can't tell you how many times I've had more energy upon returning home from church than when I went. And for the Creed household, this means Sunday school, morning worship, evening worship, and Wednesday prayer meeting!

Yes, we should truly feel joy at the opportunity to learn from God's Word and to fellowship and rejoice, and worship with God's people.

  • Give thanks. v. 4
Thanksgiving is a great antidote for fear, worry, or a bad attitude!

  • Pray. v. 6
We see so many needs around us, and we have very little control over most of them. Only God can solve today's problems, and He has given us the wonderful privilege of bringing them all to Him and letting Him solve them!






1 comment:

  1. I like the way you summarize Psalm 122 v.4, "Thanksgiving is a great antidote for fear, worry, or a bad attitude!" I need to remember this and practice it more.

    ReplyDelete