I hope you're getting your spiritual food every day--don't want you to suffer "malnutrition"!
Psalm 71
David once again asks God to protect him. "Be my rock of safety where I can always hide." v. 3
Then he remembers how God has been with him and cared for him all his life, from his birth, vv. 5-6, and throughout his life, vv. 7-8. Now that he is old and his strength is failing, he asks God not to abandon him. vv. 9-18. This is a wonderful reminder that we can depend on God all our lives. And not only does David ask for protection, but he also asks God to help him to minister to younger people, to a new generation.
Then he ends the Psalm with praises, shouts, and songs of joy to the Lord! Our God is indeed faithful!
Luke 8:16-25
The parable of the lamp teaches us that we shouldn't hide God's Word, the light which we receive. Its purpose is to provide light for us and for those around us. Also, the more we share, the more light God will provide.
If we hear God's word and obey it, we are Jesus' true family. vv. 19-20. I believe it's OK to extend this metaphor to the church. We are supposed to be like a loving family. And just like any other family, we may occasionally get on one another's nerves, we may annoy one another, we may find one another rather quirky, but we are still "family," and we should act with acceptance, loyalty, and love.
vv. 22-25 shows Jesus' power over the weather. He has the power to calm storms, even the "storms" of trouble that may come our way. His power and authority far exceeds anything the world has to offer. I feel ashamed that so often I don't trust Him or depend on Him the way I should.
No comments:
Post a Comment