Thursday, January 3, 2019

Psalm 13

Psalm 13
This is an interesting prayer. Perhaps you've been told somewhere along the way that we are not to question God. And certainly, we should not be disrespectful, but 4 times in the first two verses, David asks God, "How long?" He feels forgotten by God, and he asks honest questions. Along with the questions, he tells God all about his troubles and frustrations.

Somehow, by talking it all out with the Lord, he comes to the place of peace. And this is exactly what we should do! We must not stop the conversation with God until we have peace in our hearts and minds. By conversation, I mean talking to God in prayer and listening to Him through His word.

"But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me."  Psalm 13:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment