Thursday, June 11, 2015

Romans 8:1-4



Romans 8:1-4

“Not guilty! You are free to go.” Can you imagine how these words must sound to somebody on death row? Well, that’s exactly where we were before we trusted Jesus. We were condemned for breaking God’s law.

“So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins. He did this so that the just requirements of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.” (NLT)

Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for our sins, and the Holy Spirit is the power we need to live the Christian life.

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name

                                                                                                            --Dennis Jernigan

No comments:

Post a Comment