Psalm 57
You will notice in the head note that this is one of David's "cave" poems. It refers to his hiding from King Saul who wanted to kill him. Chances are that none of us will ever have to hide in a cave in fear for our lives--at least I hope not! But we can make application to any difficulty that will arise in our lives. We can meditate on these words and pray them back to God.
"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Even that last phrase, "until the disaster has passed" encourages me. Most of our troubles eventually pass, don't they?
"I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me...God sends his love and his faithfulness." What attributes of God do we see in these words? He is the "Most High." Sometimes He is the only one who can sort out a problem. He has a purpose for each of us, and He fulfills it. He is loving and faithful.
"Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth...My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music...I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth." Praise is a wonderful and practical way to chase away fear, anxiety, depression, and even sorrow. We should practice it every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment