Psalm 119:17-24
You will remember that this whole chapter is about God's Word. In this section, the author prays "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law." v. 18 It takes time and discipline to really hear from God through His Word. May we all do better in this area!
In v. 19, he reminds us that we are "strangers" here on earth. This is not our final home, but we are travelers in this land. God's Word is a road map on this journey. We are foolish if we try to find our way without the map! Maybe a better analogy in today's world would be a GPS. :) God's Word is our GPS on your journey through this life!
Can we honestly say with the psalmist (v. 20), "My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times."? I'm afraid I can't say that, but I have found that the more faithful I am in my reading and studying God's Word, the more faithful God is to speak to me through it.
Finally, v. 24 encourages us to delight in God's Word and to make it our counselor! When we are wrestling with decisions or are facing troubles, we need to go to God's Word and let Him be our Counselor through it. This requires patience and quiet--something we often have little of! "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors." v. 24
No comments:
Post a Comment