"Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him--but some of them doubted!" vv. 16-17 And so we see that doubt is not only a modern problem, but even the disciples who had walked with Jesus, saw Him crucified, and now witnessed the resurrected Jesus--doubted! Can we expect to be free of doubt? Probably not, but Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Our best defense against doubt is to stay in God's Word.
The final verses of this chapter are called the Great Commission. They are Jesus' instructions to His disciples before He went back to heaven. These words were not only for the disciples physically with Him at that time but also for believers in the generations to come including our own.
"I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this. I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
What are we to do?
- Go and make disciples of all the nations. Which nations? ALL the nations.
- Baptize them.
- Teach them to observe what Jesus commanded.
- "I am with you always, even to the end of the age." When is Jesus with us? ALWAYS
"I will exalt you, my God and King and praise your name forever and ever. I will praise you every day; yes, I will praise you forever. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness."
Tomorrow is the Lord's Day. Let's meditate on these words as we worship and praise God! "No one can measure his greatness." Human thoughts and words are inadequate to describe the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment