Psalm 120
"I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer." v. 1 We should make it our habit to take our troubles to the Lord and cry out to Him. It takes discipline to truly take our troubles to the Lord. It's easier to tell everyone else (who usually can do nothing to solve the problem), or worry and fret. Let's really try to remember to take everything to the Lord! He will hear and answer us.
We read about people who can hurt us with words in vv. 2-4. God can deliver us from such people, but only He can and will judge them. Let's just make sure we are not the ones hurting others with untrue or unkind words.
The psalmist was apparently living among pagan and warlike people (vv. 5-7). He longed to be away from them. Sometimes God does not change our circumstances because He wants to change us! I have found that I seek the Lord most urgently when my life is hard.
It's God's will that people live in peace. War brings about a winner and a loser--often devastated, destroyed, and desolate losers! However, if there is any way we can live in peace, it's possible that everyone involved can be a winner! We can't really help what our political leaders and other world leaders do. Of course, we can and should pray for them! But in our private lives we can try to be peacemakers. Sometimes the battle isn't really even that important, and often it's wise to avoid the temptation to be a "winner." You know we can win the argument but lose our friend. May God give us discernment and grace in this area.
Meditation: "I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer." Psalm 120:1
No comments:
Post a Comment