Psalm 130
Sometimes when we are "in the depths of despair," the last thing we want to do is call on the Lord. Yet that should be the very first thing we do! vv. 1-2 If we are feeling down because of our own sin, we should confess our sin and enjoy the complete forgiveness that God offers. We see in vv. 3 and 4, that God does not "keep a record of our sin." When we hold grudges or hard feelings against someone, it creates a barrier between us. God never does this. Once we have confessed, He immediately forgives and never remembers our sin against us! This brings about a free and open and loving relationship between us and our heavenly Father.
Faith is hard to define, but v. 5 seems to be a way of looking at faith. "I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on Him. I have put my hope in his word." In all reality, God is the ONLY one we can always count on! Everyone and everything around us could fail, but God will never fail.
v. 6 is interesting. "I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn." If I were a night watchman, I'm sure I would watch that horizon for any glimpse of daylight! The closer we draw to the Lord and the more we meditate on His word, we come to need that closeness to Him. Do we long for the Lord?
The psalmist encourages Israel to place their hope in the Lord. We should do the same. When we do, we realize that He offers us His unfailing love as He redeems us from our sin.
MEDITATION: "From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help. Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer." Psalm 130:1-2
No comments:
Post a Comment