Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Philippians 4:2-7; Psalm 87

Philippians 4:2-7
Paul here appeals to two faithful Christian women to mend their broken relationship. Satan will use any method possible to stop the message of the Good News and to harm the fellowship of believers. It's important to do everything in our power to resolve our differences and serve together in peace.

Now we come to some of my favorite verses in the whole Bible, Philippians 4:4-7. "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice!" In case you missed it the first time--rejoice in the Lord! Knowing that the Lord is coming soon, we are to be considerate of others in everything we do.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." OK this gives us a lot to think about already. Instead of worrying, we must pray. I know I often have to confess the sin of worrying before I can even pray about it! "Tell God what you need." Sometimes we think we need to "pray harder" or "believe more" or whatever. Phil. 4:6 simply says to tell God what we need. It says nothing about our emotional state or anything else. It doesn't ask us to beg God. Just "tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Thanksgiving is another important part of our relationship with God.

And then comes the best part! We don't have to wait for the answer to experience peace from God! "Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

I know I need these verses often!

Psalm 87
This psalm is honoring the city of Jerusalem which is a symbol of the heavenly city which God has promised to all of us who trust Jesus. We are citizens of the Heavenly Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment