Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Psalm 86:11-17

Psalm 86:11-17

In light of what we looked at yesterday, Matthew 6:25-34, I find this part of David's prayer interesting. I shows us that the need to "seek God first" is as old as the human race! David prays, "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." v. 11 We don't know God's way unless we study His Word. Then once we know His way, our job is to walk in His truth. We are prone to have a divided heart. Our loyalties may not be in the right order. So we bring these needs to the Lord so that we can walk in His ways and fear His name.

"I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever." v. 12

vv. 13-17 tell us some things about the Lord our God:

  • Great is His love toward us. v. 13
  • He is compassionate and gracious. v. 15
  • He is slow to anger. v. 15
  • He is abounding in love and faithfulness. v. 15
  • He will help and comfort us. v. 17
For our meditation:

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever....you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."  Psalm 86:11, 12, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment