Psalm 112
Happy are those who fear the Lord! When we fear--honor and respect--the Lord and delight in obeying his commands, we don't really have to fear anything else. v. 1 Wow. That's easy to say but hard to practice. Let's look at the things mentioned in this psalm that we don't have to fear:
1. Fears about our family. v. 2
2. Fear about finances. v. 3
3. Fear of the dark! v. 4
4. Fear of making wrong decisions. vv. 5-6
5. Fear of bad news. v. 7
6. Fear of enemies. v. 8, 10
7. Fear of being generous. v. 9
As I look back over this list, I believe we all are at times worried and fearful about nearly all these. I confess! Yet God will take care of all these things if we put Him in His proper place in our lives. So let's not torture ourselves needlessly about everything God had promised to handle!
No comments:
Post a Comment