Psalm 91:1-2
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty."
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
OK, exactly what does it mean to live in the shelter of the Most High? ...to dwell in the shelter of the Most High? Well, think about your home, the place where you live, as opposed to a place that you just visit. Aren't we all most comfortable and secure in our own homes where we are surrounded by the familiar? It's a feeling of relaxation and comfort. This is how we should feel about our relationship with the Lord. v. 2 goes on "This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him."
These are two great verses to meditate on for today. Here is it in the King James Version which may be more familiar to some of us. "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
Luke 13:1-9
Jesus asks some questions that we have all asked at some time or other. "Why do some people suffer and die when others don't?" "Are they worse sinners than those who have an easier life?" Jesus answers with a resounding "No." God does what He does, and sometimes we just have to trust Him that He knows what He's doing. Remember that He is the perfect Parent. Maybe a better question for us can be found in vv. 6-9, and that is "Why does God keep me alive?" Am I a fruitful, useful person who is doing what God wants me to do? Am I contributing to the Lord's work, or am I just taking up space?
No comments:
Post a Comment